Design Studio: Instron E10000
- TA Assistance is required for usage
- Orange badge training required
- Useful for static or dynamic tension, compression and torsion testing as well as fatigue testing of materials and structures.
- Test Lab TA Office Hours
About This Machine
The Instron E10000 brings unmatched capability to the Test Lab as a top of the line load frame. Using the Instron test method development interface users can develop complex test methodologies with different loading conditions.
- Maximum dynamic linear force: ±10 kN or ±2250 lbf
- Maximum static linear force: ±7 kN or ±1570 lbf
- Maximum Torque: ±100 Nm or ±800 in-lb
- Full linear stroke range: 877 mm or 34.5 in
- Linear stroke limit:
- Rotation limit: ±16 revolutions
- Rotation stroke limit: ±135°
- Load and torque accuracy: ±0.5 % of indicated load or torque, or ±0.005 % of load cell capacity, whichever is greater
- Modular fixturing available to test most samples, both material and structural, in both tension and compression
- Available fixtures include compression platens and 3 and 4-point bend fixtures. Some custom set-ups may be accommodated but require advanced planning.
- Outputs data sets for further analyzation and processing
How to Use
Use of this machine is restricted to working with a Test Lab TA. Students will be able to design, set up, and execute their own test methodologies under the supervision of a TA.